Volume 39 | Issue 1 | Fall 2013 | “Exploring the Common Core State Standards”
The articles in this issue demonstrate how students with disabilities can actively be supported to realize the promise of the Common Core, a standard that provides ideas that are robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting on the knowledge and skills that young people need for success.
- Julia M. White, The Common Core State Standards and Their Potential Impact on Least Restrictive Environment.
- Deborah Taub, Teaching the CCSS: A Process for Inclusive Practices.
- Lou-Ann Land, The Importance of Inclusive Practices, An Interview with Linda Quintanilha.
- Rick Creech, Presuming Competence.
- Cheryl M. Jorgensen, Changes in Attitude, Changes in Latitude: Implications of Standards-Based Reform for General and Special Educators.