Volume 39 | Issue 3 | Winter 2013 | “Changing the Equation from Employment to Financial Stability”
While many of us support the rights to a quality education, an inclusive life, and self-determination, what people with disabilities often lack, and what they likely could benefit a great deal from, is being able to build and control their financial assets. This why Individual Development Accounts (IDAs), which are discussed in the articles in this issue of Connections, are so important.
- Abby Cooper, Changing the Expectations: Moving Beyond Employment to Financial Stability.
- Catherine A. Anderson, Ellie C. Hartman, Amber Miller, Amy Thomson, Abigail Cooper, Asset Development by People with Disabilities: An Innovative Approach.
- Michael Callahan, Individual Development Accounts: A Strategy to Build Assets.
- Frances E. Pennell and Leann Wicklund, Designing and Evaluating Asset Building Programs with People with Disabilities: The Washington Experience.
- Allison Falleur and Joe Wykowski, Future Assets for Independence.