Volume 34 | Issue 5 | September/October 2008 | “Taking Action: How Each of Us Can Make Change Happen"
This issue of TASH Connections focuses on a variety of ways in which people have chosen to devote their advocacy efforts. In some instances, people made a deliberate decision to work on an issue because of where they work or what is happening nationally. Others find themselves unexpected advocates for an issue because of life circumstances.
- Andy Imparato, The Underutilized Power of the Disability Vote.
- Bill Smith and Kristen Phillips, Advocacy Through Teamwork.
- Mark Johnson, Taking it Personally.
- Isabelle Zehnder, Advocating for Positive Change: Children and Teens Abused in Residential Treatment Settings.
- Robert Silverstein, Top Ten Tips for Disability Policy Change Agents on How to Influence Policymakers and the Policymaking Process.