Volume 34 | Issue 6 | November/December 2008 | “Everything Is Better With Friends: Building Social Networks"
This issue of TASH Connections should provide readers with a splendid mix of strategies and thought-provoking articles detailing social connections for children and adults with significant disabilities.
- Erik W. Carter, Beth Swedeen, Colleen Kurkowski, Friendship Matters: Fostering Social Relationships in Secondary Schools.
- Carole Janine Guess, Build Relationships Early.
- Barb Trader and Malika Nu'man, Transform Systems Barriers to Friendships and Community living.
- Melanie Richardson, Thursdays With Lupita: A Seattle Woman With Down Syndrome Finds a Lifetime Friend.
- Patricia Carney, Words Into Action: How Teams Can Help Individuals Understand and Develop Healthy Relationships.
- Charles Dukes and Pamela Lamar-Dukes, The University as a "Door Opener" for Adults on the Autism Spectrum.